Sunday, February 12, 2006

Mt. Maculot - Conquered!!!

I know that this mountain is less than a level 1 but believe me, we went through the ends of hell and back to reach the top and thank all the heavenly hosts that it was worth all the pain and stress and work.

Yes, my dear friends, I have counquered Mt. Maculot and I am damn proud of it! In this world where you face your laptop most of the day, living in structures made out of concrete and sand, a little bit of fresh air, green trees, virgin shores and a couple of friends to push you throughout the ordeal is a definite "re-energizer". This is of course to mean, a revitalizing experience for the mind and soul, and most definitely not for the body! :p

It was a spontaneous planned day for everyone (if you get what I mean). We had an intinerary and all and in reference to Murphy's Law, we met at around 7am instead of the planned 6am. I was a good thing though that we made room for allowances. We were able to arrive at the top close to our estimated time. We had difficult times of course on the way. I had lower back pains when we were just a few steps away but we made it.




The view was great! I'll publish the pictures as soon as I get them. But all in all it was one hell of an experience! It is something I will be proud of. Even if they say that I wouldn't get anything other than scars, bruises, sunburn, and new friendster pix, this was a learning experience, an eye opener, and a realization of my need to return to nature.

No comments: