Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Oktoberfest!

It was one of those days when everyone had something to do but want to get their mind off for a while. It was on of those days where a text message for a drinking session would ignite instant interest and an instant get together. Well, for Oct 1., it was just not one of those days. We had to convince a good number of people to join us even for just dinner like one who had an exam the next day (hi Stan), one who didn't want to spend on alchohol (hi Jan), one who already had a drinking binge the night before but knew beforehand of the plan and was not able to come(hi GM) and those that never made it at all for various reasons (hi Eric, Karen, Dianne). Well, when two or more people are gathered dinner will be enjoyable and the treat after a lot more fun.

And so it was,

(Errol, Geviv, and Jan)

and

(Pat, myself and Stan)

had a 500+ dinner at Mang Jimmy's at Balara. We eat there for only 2 reasons: lechon kawali and sisig. And of all the times that they have to run out of sisig!!! we had difficulty in ordering our last 2 dishes (it was 5 plus 2 - meaning 5 dishes plus 2 free dishes). I tried to haggle a little so that they would give it to us instead a 4 plus 3 since we came as far as Alabang just to eat sisig and to find none. That didn't work though.

So, dinner was ok. As always, empty plates, hot plates, glasses and bottles. We also gave some of our leftovers to the street kids waiting outside. Pat even commented that they must the most stuffed street kids ever - considering that this place was a food heaven for UP students (and alumni). Just imagine how much leftover there could be if they were lucky!

Anyway, that was the "heart warming" part of the story. We had to decide where to spend our Oktoberfest (which is also my first). Good thing Stan came along since he is the most knowledgeable on this sort of thing (drinking spots that is... :p) So we decided the proceed to Tribu - a place near the famous Meatshop along Xavierville Ave.









It was a decent place. It was clean and cozy - not too warm, not too noisy, "fresh" air (except from cigarette smoke). We ordered drinks first. We thought that ordering a dish was impractical considering that we just came from a gluttonous dinner.


There were beers (Red Horses), Gin7 and MangoGin glasses in a few minutes. So we did a toast to our October and (my birthday) :p, good health and success... Ok, so maybe I am making up this part. I can't remember to what we toasted to but we did a toast.



Maybe it was for the picture. Of course, we talked about a lot of things. The reminiscing, the catching up, the plans (drunk talk as Jan would say) for this coming summer a.k.a. the Southern Tour, the advices. Imagine, me, Jan, and Pat giving advice to Stan, Geviv and Errol on interviews and job application. Advice on how to go about doing work, how it feels like "working" in the real world. The difficulty of beginning and the fun at the end.

And as always, there is always the picture taking...


which we will never grow tired of...


There were still a good number more of picture taking after. Good thing Pat brought his digicam. As Jan had said, we are going to have documentation again. I was not able to join the first session as I had work. Damn, night shift... good thing there is night premium to compensate for my missed partying/late nights with friends.


But as the saying goes, "All good thing must come to an end." and the end came after Errol stopped pressuring me to drink. I was at my limit and I knew it.










I mean, look at me, all pressured. Good thing, I've got my mind over matter thing going on and that no amount of convincing could allow me to fold. I took one more glass after that and said that I was done. But I wouldn't be to give justice to Errol's pressure with quoting a line I will never forget: "I am your limit, man. You will stop only when I stop." Errol should do his interviews drunk. He speaks good english during that state.


Anyway, we ended at around 1am. Jan had to go somewhere the next day and Stan still had an exam. I puked when I reached home (another first in my drinking history - which is not that long by the way). But all in all, we had a fun time. I enjoyed it even if it was a bit heavy in the wallet. Elbee group friends: until next time.


5 comments:

janny said...

haahah! fun! fun! fun! mike, ang blog entry mo parang "ek sounding" parang advertisement! heheh!

saya saya! salamat! :D

ps. btw, sabi na e usapang lasing na yun! jog daw ng sunday/thursday ba? wla naman..as usual haha! i told u so we should not plan! see?!!!

infobuilder said...

to janny,

text kasi... malamang natuloy si Pat at si Stan. :)

I can't make it. I have to see my cousin. May problem kasi. :p Besides, hindi ako yung type na mahilig mag-jog. Di rin ako nagcommit dun! :p hehehe... text text lng...

Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://rkgitelt.com/eglp/wojp.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://mhymcwee.com/ypuv/emoy.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://rkgitelt.com/eglp/wojp.html | http://ahgpcuxz.com/kjag/xmke.html