Monday, July 10, 2006

Private Conversations

Just saw Francis Escudero in Boy Abunda's show, Private Conversations and I must say I was impressed not only with how he handled himself with the questions thrown at him (some which may oftentimes offend others) but also with how much open he is about himself and how much respect he gives to the people around him.

You can feel from the way he answers the sense of idealism and the spirit of nationalism still there, intact. I don't know if that is one gift he has being a politician and all (that's the cynic in me), but it is an admirable that we still have good politicians in office (and here is the idealist).
I like how he answered the question "What is you definition of a good politician?" in which his reponse was "someone who takes a stand and keeps it till the end and knows when to keep the politics out" (I paraphrased that).

He is smart, quick witted and someone worth emulating. Really, it is really inspiring to realize that someone with that caliber can actually use that intelligence for the good of our country and not exactly leaving for greener pastures.

"Brilliance" was his response to the question "What turns him on?" but he quickly adds "that is with the nice face and body which is a given..."

... well, that's just my 2 cents for the day. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my, i have the biggest crush on him!!! i also remember him defending his stand on supporting FPJ for the presidential elections and didn't mind at all that he was on the leftist UP ground when he did.

definitely brilliant!

Anonymous said...

My only beef with him is that he's a staunch Erap supporter.

Geviv said...

^^^ true, he'd be perfect (for me?!) if he wasn't... :D galing magtagalog ng lolo mo, haaay...