Sunday, May 13, 2007

My picks for May 2007

Tomorrow is election day for the Philippine Senatorial elections. Similar to the previous elections, I won't be able to vote. Again, this is not because of apathy or lack of interest to vote. I do want to vote. Unfortunately, I am registered in Cebu which is a plane ride and PhP6000 away. I have drafted my choices for the senatorial race though as seen below:

01. Chiz Escudero
02. Joker Arroyo
03. Kiko Pangilinan
04. Manny Villar
05. Loren Legarda
06. Alan Cayetano
07. Benigno Aquino
08. Martin Bautista
09. Koko Pimentel
10. Adrian Sison
11. Ralph Recto
(edited) 12. Edgar Angara (Mario Ongkiko) - I forgot Angara. He was UP President.

Of course, this is just my list and I am not endorsing you to vote for them or anything. Team Unity or Geniune Opppsition or whatever alliances do not really matter to me. I look for credentials and the idealism to serve. Gut feel and immeasurable, I know but let's see how these people do if ever they win. My bad if they do not turn out to be the shining ideal senators we expect them to be.

Again, I have always had my picks for every election since 1997 presidential elections and I usually have written reasons for each. Let's keep this list at that for now. You'll never know what new gossip I might hear today and might change my mind before tomorrow. :-)

Vote on the May 14 elections! It's not a privilege, it's your right!

No comments: