Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Remembering me

I realized just this moment how important my blog really is. It's not just an outlet for the freedom of frustration expressed but also a "permanent" (unless you edit or delete previous blogs) record of the past you.


I have once again reviewed some of my past entries, partly due to a challenge posed my the boss of my boss and I came across the entry I was looking for. It was a post 6 months after graduating from college and starting work. It was about the mission and vision I had for myself as well as the Top 10 dreams I needed to fulfill my mission.


Mission-Vision Statement


To guide, inspire and empower myself and my circle of infuence in order to create a relationship of growth, understanding, excitement & fun.


I created this during team building session / leadership seminar we organized for the student council back in January of 2005 and comparing that declaration with my "Who I am?" in the last eLT meeting seems to be as far off as I thought I already was.


Who I am?


I am Fun-loving & Excellence. Around me, people achieve excellence while having fun. This is who I am and that is what you can count on.


I guess the difference with the me before with the me now is that I know that I have to start creating my dreams myself today rather than wait for other people with similar dreams to create it with. Besides, the chances of finding someone almost the same as me are close to impossible, considering the individuality of humanity. :) Also, they are my dreams not theirs.


Realizing that you are growing up does not really change the you in you. Your core will always be the same whether you are 13 or 53. That's my opinion anyway.


Below is my Top 10 Dreams again and I hope that those who get to read it would hold me accountable to each for the year 2008.


1. Fix my biological time clock.
2. Graduate on time. [check]
3. Build a house for my family in a nice village.
4. Thank people that have influenced & helped me in my life. [in the process]
5. Be a smiling face & a listening ear. [umm... is this a check? :) ]
6. Solidify CS department and students. [i'm losing on this one... :( ]
7. Pursue higher studies on something that would have impact on Philippine society.
8. Build a forest; be part of an environment advocacy
9. Become a teacher or professor.
10. Build that scholarship program.


I'm back at 1 out of 10 from 2 last 2005. More work needs to be done!


----------


I browsed through the rest of my entries and found one that I also found interesting. Makes you think, am I being one? Well, it is a continuous learning process. You do great things and you learn from the messed up ones.


Anyway, anyway... I'm living on a new theme for this year. Live life! Have a great 2008! :)

No comments: