Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Merry Christmas!

It's December!
Finally, another end of a not so good year.
I just hope I cou...





It's January!
It's 2005!

Finally, the end of a not so good year for many people; Asians in general, Filipinos specially, the UP College of Engineering in particular. There have been too many changes this year.

For one, we had a new College Dean which brought a lot of controversy that spelled change that was translated to disaster by a good number of people. Though i personally accepted the idea and the concept behind the changes and the vision and goals our Dean Guevara wanted for the college, I just didn't see the same enthusiasm of her appointed officials to that vision she had.

Just this December, there has been a circular of rumors that there is now a new College Secretary. Prof. Evangel Quiwa of the CS Department is now the new College Sec. So what happened to our dear friend Dr. Que, he was been, what my friend termed as, "Super-sized" to Associate Dean. I'm just glad that I will be seeing less of him...

A new "elected" Philippine President took the seat this year. She was not a duly elected president during her previous term so I consider her something new. It's more of like a President having a new mandate from the people. Anyway, despite the many irregularities involved in her "ascension to the throne" of power, I think it is about time for her to do what she's really suppose to do. She has been giving to much time on politiking and has been paying attention to the wrong priorities that it has cost her a lot of support.

Basic social services like Education, Social Welfare, Health and Agrarian Reform should be at the core of her administration if she is to be remembered as a Filipino president, as the president who cared, as a president who served. These are the foundations to a stable and "Strong Republic" .

A new UP President in the person of Ermelinda Roman. She really wasn't my bet nor do she adhere to the same principles that I believe in but I think she is a better alternative to a candidate that would be made a puppet of Malacañan.



I bet 2005 will bring a good number of changes still!

A better college student council, I'm sure! hehehe... really! The council would have been able to make better choices, better judgements, better calls if only they involved more people in the decision making process . This was definitely what I did not expect to happen during my term as a representative. I am disappointed but that would not keep me out from continuing to serve the people I am suppose to serve. The CS studentry can continue to expect their representatives to continue the job of services even until passed our term... and yes, maybe even after graduation!

Cursor? As I have said, this is going to be the year of the CS Department! =P Cursor Sexy!!!

Parser? I know they will continue to pursue their love for journalism and service to the department. I have big dreams and they have to.

Salutations to UP Parser Staff 2004-2005!

My graduation! This is the one day that I finally take that step into the real world! Haha... I just hope I do graduate this April!

...

I can dwell on the many changes that may occur and the many changes that I want to occur. Dreams have kept me going this passed year and dreams will continue to bring me to do what I am suppose to do. I just hope my dreams will be more than what they are...

A Happy New Year to Everyone!

2 comments:

ia said...

*Ako yata bibinyag sa Comments mo!

*May kakaiba ngang vibe ang pagpasok ng 2005. Hehe.

*Single R po si Dean Gev :)

*Year of the CS! Woohoo!

*Kudos Mike, good job.

infobuilder said...

sorry kung dobol R yung name ni Ma'am Guev... Mahirap rin kasing mgtype ng blog na hindi dapat napapanisin ni Chix (nagthethesis kasi hehehehe...)