Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Late Nights

I have been reprimanded almost every night for the past weeks... Why? Because I have been going home passed 11pm. But what really hits my nerves is that they do not understand the reason as to why I keep on going home late.

In my frustration, I was able to write a two-page essay...

Of Late Nights

I study at the Universityof the Philippines. At this institution, we are taught not just the formal, academic load; we are also taught to think critically, uphold academic freedom, pursue basic human rights, and most of all to serve our country and its people.

This is probably one reason why Tito Jun and Tita Fids have not tried to leave this country in hte first place. UP instills the importance of love for this country to serve, inspire and continue to hope for it to ba more peacful, more progressive and to have a better future.

As a student, a graduating at that, I tried to ind ways and venues for me to pursue my vision and my role in my passion for service. I found this in the student council. Here I work hard, all day and all night. I think about it in and out of sleep. I look forward to projects, envision and plan endeavors, concretize dreams and wishfully think of a better future.

I go to school for only 2 things, acads and my service to the department, college and university. People rely on my uniqueness, my plans, and my vision in every project and in every undertakig that we do. I could not and will not let them down. I was elected because people believe in me and in an elected position, it is my duty, my sole duty to serve and protect the interests of the students. Acads has in fact taken a back seat just for the sake of this passion of mine to serve.

It is a personal sacrifice and it is a sacrifice I am willing to take. No curfew or time or any person and any one is going to stop me in fulfilling my role; for living God's will for me as a student leader. This is His plan, I know and I'm sure, no matter what, he will protect me. I will exhaust my remaining days as part and probably even after this student council to continue to serve this nation. As long as I am part of this university or even after which, I will always be of service. That's a personal oath for myself.

UP has taught me what I need to know about life. It is not about how much you earn but how you lived your life. Has your dreams been fulfiled? Have you realized you full potential? This is what drives me in what I do. I seek to find the answers to these questions. For I know, when I die, these are the only things plus faith, that I could bring before God.

Service and passion for service. Only through this will I find my personal sense of hapiness...

-------------->

I have to apologize for this being a "me" thing... it just been so irritating that people do not understand that I enjoy what I am doing and even if it means putting myself in more danger than the usual, e.g. going home very late at night, I am willing and will do so...

Once again, I apologize for my ranting...

3 comments:

janny said...

haaay! why do you feel the need to apologize for your ranting? hallur this is your blog! b.i. ako no? coz my blog is full of senti-emo bull haha!

well, i think you've done very well as our CS rep mike! you've done more than your fair share..and if service and the passion for service are what makes you happy then go for it..just remember to make some people look through your eyes ;P

by the way, if ever you decide to plant your feet on the muddy politics, you'll have my vote! go mike!

Geviv said...

don't make anything lose your drive to serve if it is were you are happy...
~gen

infobuilder said...

To jan:

It does not have to be in the mud if you really want to do something... There are other ways... The things that you are good at doing are the things you should be doing, even if it means a lot of hardwork and sacrifice... Shucks feeling ko talaga na decided na ako sa issue ko on my future... Good Luck sa akin!

To Geviv:

Thanks!