Thursday, March 10, 2005

The period is now pressed.

The period is now pressed. A new chapter is about to begin.

There are many interpretations to this the statements above. At end of our term as part of the ESC 2004-2005, we can see it as the end of our service for the college and the enter of a new set of servants. In another way, we can see it as the end of our service to the college and the start of a search for a wider range of people to serve.

I am at conflict between these paradigms and thoughts. I feel an end of my service now that my term has ended and yet I feel a sense of doing more, wishing of doing more. I don't really know if you are going to understand my dilemma but I can't feel sad but I don't feel happy either. It feels like something important kas been taken away from me but I still don't want to let go.

Many people see me as if I have already passed this stage. I know many people who are going through this same stage right now. Sad for not being to work with one another again, frustrated of not having done as best as they could have done, yet there are also those who are eager at finding newer ways of doing service. Higher positions, some job offers, founding organizations, and a lot more.

I, myself, don't know what is in store for us the next few days and months and years in our life. My visions may have gone their but the path seems so unclear. It excites and at the same time pressures me... I know many who read this blog may feel this same way too. I guess we'll just have to do our best. Cope up, move on and at the same time never forget the experiences we learned.

ESC 2004-2005, all the best in our future endeavors!
UP Cursor, full speed ahead!
Parser, shine your brightest!

Graduates of UP College of Engineering, all aboard!

To us all, the best of luck! God bless!

-->
.... and they are off!!!!

This will be the last time I will ever use this signature...

Michael James O. Sepulveda
============================
Computer Science Representative
Engineering Student Council

Managing Editor
Parser

External Affairs Committee member
UP Association of Computer Science Majors

Staff
Career Handbook
UP Career Assitance Program for Engineering Students

Student
Department of Computer Science
College of Engineering
University of the Philippines
Diliman

No comments: