Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Moving on

When can you finally say that you have finally moved on from being that college student to the college graduate? I found that out while I was walking from the OUR to Engg just this afternoon. It's a feeling that just sinks and finally you just think, hey, I have finally moved on. I no longer long for and crave viciously everyday for the company of UP friends and UP places and UP happenings although I know I will always appreciate, treasure, love and continue to see them. But finally the need for me to actually go there everyday and think about UP almost every houris finally done.

My friends have learned to move on but that does not mean that we, as friends are moving apart. I know we will see less of each other but I know we will always be friends. The communication may not be there everyday but at least we still communicate. We will definitely miss those good all times but why stick around when you can find other things to share with them when you expand your horizon a bit further.

I will always care and love the institution that made me who I am yet I know that it will be much more proud of me to if I made myself a better person outside its wings. I know it will always be there to accept me when I fall like a mother always accepting and forgiving. Yet, it must push me to also learn to live life, face the real world. And finally, today, I have come to accept that. The real world will challenge me, it already has many times and if I don't put up a good fight, I might as well hide for the rest of my life in my parent's garden cleaning up for them.

Today, I begin to learn on being independent. Today, is the beginning of the rest of my life. Today, I have finally left the university.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aaawww.. mike... way to go! :)

i knew it would come to this some day. i couldn't have said it any better!

i love you. i will always love you! and i'm so proud of you. :)