Sunday, May 14, 2006

I hate Caloy!

Caloy is a the name local weather experts used for the latest typhoon that hit the country. The estimated loss was at 300 million pesos and the death toll is raising rapidly. Caloy has finally reminded everyone that summer is finally over and that the rainy season is about to become its reign.

The death toll and the loss of profit are already good enough reasons to hate the typhoon but I have a more personal grudge against him. I had an entire weekend planned out for May 13 and 14. We were suppose to go up Mt. Daguldul and this has been planned for almost 2 weeks! Everything has already been set. The tents were ready, my schedules have been planned, people have been invited and some have already confirmed but it had to be cancelled the day before due to rising risk in the Batangas area.

Oh well, its a pretty petty grudge though but the next expected climb would be on July as the schedules of my mountain climbing friends are full for the entire June. I was hoping to get another reprieve from the busy life of the city but I guess it just was not meant to be. As the Alchemist said, if it was really meant to happen, then the rest of the world will conspire to make it happen. At least, I got to spend the weekend with my Mom who arrived last Thursday.

Btw, to all mothers and mother-like figures of my life and of yours, Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... »

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... »