Monday, April 25, 2005

After everything...

After years of study, it has finally come to this: my last graduation as one of the ordinary students [masters and doctorates are exceptional]. The feeling of excitement and hesitation, of joy and fear, of relief and nervousness surrounded me during both my college recognition rite and university graduation. That would be saturday and sunday respectively and monday would be my first day on the job at HP. I was happy of course that I was able to get a job and right after graduation when many still have to find a job they think would fit them and yet at the same I feel I deserve a break, a moment of relief, a time to think and ponder on the past 2 decades of my life to help me realize what direction would I enjoy trekking for the rest of my days. Unfortunately, I was not given that time so I have squeeze my pondering time together with running my papers and clearances, in spending the remaining time I have with friends and family...

Time was indeed short to prepare my mind and body for the kind of work waiting for me after my hard earned degree. Still, as a friend said to me, its about time for me to face my fears, give HP a chance. I shouldn't close my eyes to the possibility of learning something new but still never forget the ideals and dreams that was once conceived at this university and never forget the people who brought you to where you are now. It is a new world and the butterflies in my stomach are at their peak. I don't know what to expect or should I expect anything at that. I just hope that I made the right decision and pray that whatever happens ahead would not be a deterent to my growth as a person and as an individual who one day make his own dreams come true.

The last of my tears have been shed. I now leave to God my future...

Kudos to University of the Philippines College of Engineering graduates of 2005!

Congratulations BS Computer Science 2005!

1 comment:

Me said...

hey mike....

dont forget our pasalubong from toronto! hayaan mo is-ST namin nina sars ung listahan namin. =P

see you around at HP!