Wednesday, May 04, 2005

One Week

I have been passed my first week of work. It involved a lot of training, not exactly the tehnology type of training though but more of getting to know the company and its policies kind of training. I started the week pretty tired because I just graduated last sunday and the next day would be my first day. Add to the pressure that my parents would be going back home, by land, on that same day. I slept late mixed and sick with all my emotions jumbled up, butterflies in my stomach kind of thing. It went pretty well though, these passed few days. I have met new people, made new friends, discovered friends of friends and at the same time learned that learning is not confined only to the realms of the academe. There is still so much to learn. "A lot of input..." - a quote from a robot movie would best describe the experience.

By wednesday last week, my manager told me the type of work I would be doing and after 2 days of doubt and resentment, my eyes finally lit with excitement and anticipation. I would be learning a number of new technologies, some I have worked with but I never got to be good at. The fact that I would be learning and not be confined to the four corners of my cubicle sort of helped me open up my mind to the possibilities for growth available to me here.

Of my dreams, I know I won't give that up. These dreams would always keep me going and I feel that I'm still in the road to fulfilling that ultimate dream. When I do fulfill what I feel is my destiny, I want it to be whole-hearted, and that what I would share would really justify to the people I would share it with. I am young and it is still a long road. I anticipate a future, and I recall a very blessed past. I want to build on that past for that future by being good with what I do at the present.

No comments: