Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Rest in Peace

To those who didn't know them, here is a simple tribute to my pair of rubber shoes.

You catched my eye when my mom asked me to pick out a pair for me to have.
You spent your first day with me going through the grassland by the Marikina river in a game of paintball.
You accompanied me through my first and only jog around the UP Acad Oval.
You were there during my first gym class in UP as well as my first work out in Gold's.
You danced with me from practice all the way to the competition during Indakan 2003.
You climbed 2 mountains with me and almost survived the last.

Through the 4 years we have been together, you have never let me down. You stuck with me until the very end. But, now I must let you go.

Thanks for giving me your strength.

2 comments:

janny said...

mike,

may it rest in peace ;)
U have to buy 1 for the Apo climb... :D

Anonymous said...

dramatic post!
but I like your new shoes :D